We are in the process of creating a simple interactive ABC book for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch platforms. Original artwork is being created by hand which will be imported into Photoshop to create the interactive pieces for publishing with Kwiksher a very good rapid development tool for App Store apps. I am hoping for a submission to Apple by March so let’s keep our fingers crossed. If this all goes well, we are going to followup with a Russian and Spanish version.
Keeping in with this creative theme topic, the holidays are just around the corner. I would like to share with you a favorite dish we have served in our household for many decades. My late aunt Carolyn passed this little recipe on to me one Thanskgiving at her house. It’s stuffed celery but with an added item that I have never found in most dishes.
- Several Bushels of Celery (adjust for qty)
- 3 Boxes of Philly Creme Cheese. (make sure its Philly, it tastes better)
- 1 half a jar of sliced Spanish Olives (with or without pimientos(love em))
- Christopher Ranch chopped garlic, or Garlic Powder(chopped adds more crunch and flavor)
- and the magic ingredient!! 3 tablespoons (or dollops in our family) of butter (NOT MARGARINE, YUCK!)
- Mix all this together and spread onto your 3 inch sliced pieces of celery. Then chill for about an hour in the fridge till ready to serve to your guests.
Make plenty of these gems. They are great before, during, and days after the holiday meals. We often end up eating these from extra mixture in the fridge. The mixture will keep for several weeks sealed just like butter and cream cheese would. My aunt would love it if you made them for your family, then gave them all the recipe. It’s a tradition in our world to hand down recipes and information to our youth and fellow earthlings. I know I remember many times getting to spend wonderful moments of time with aunts and uncles. I am thankful for that time we spent. I hope everyone this holiday season can spend time with their favorite family member and build lifelong memories that you will cherish forever.